The Russian language used in the media differs substantially from that used in conversation or in literary works. The aim of this course is to train students in the particularities of the language of the press, including television and radio broadcasting as well as periodicals, newspapers and magazines. During the lessons the teacher will propose articles on various topics for students to read. Such topics might include politics, economics, culture and art, technology, society, sports, science and more. Students will also watch videos (news, reports, analysis) and the teacher will help students to grasp the lexical and grammatical material characteristic of this area of study with the aid of specialized oral and written tasks. An overview of the Russian media and popular television programmes also forms part of this course. With regards to written homework, students will be tasked with writing articles on various topics in order to consolidate the vocabulary base of the course. This course is intended for students at levels B2-C1 and comprises 30 hours, however the course may be extended according to the wishes of students.
Class materials used:
- Articles and television broadcasts in the original language;
- Slatter, J. Newspaper Russian. Cardiff. University if Wales Press, 2000;
- Begeneva, E. Русская газета к утреннему кофе (A Russian newpaper with morning coffee ).- Moscow: Russian, 2010;
- Deryagina, C., Martinenko, E. В газетах пишут (What’s written in the papers). – Moscow: Russian, 2005;
- Kremleva, N., Bannikova L. Актуальные темы в российских СМИ (Current topics in Russian media).-Moscow: 2006;
- Volkova, L.B., Commisarova, T.A. Грани политики (The margins of politics). – Saint Petersburg: Zlatoust Library, 2002.
Specialized courses 1 lesson 10 lessons Private lessons 15 € 145 € Group lessons 11 € 105 €
Specialized courses 1 lesson 10 lessons Private lessons 19 € 185 € Group lessons 14 € 135 €
Specialized courses 1 lesson 10 lessons Private lessons 28 € 275 € Group lessons 21 € 205 €